Are you aiming to grab your first job ever? Or Maybe looking for a new job?
Then the first thing you have to do is, crafting your resume in a unique way.
To get interview call, you have to design your resume in a way, that can catch the attention of an employee.
But creating a Good Resume is not easy as we think, it takes a lot of time .
Yes, i agree with you! Preparing a Good Resume is not an easy task, it is an art .
So, to make this task a little easy,
here, i am going to cover some useful tools and tips which actually reduce your work and time.
Do you know:
On an average Out of 100 resumes, only 25 resumes will see by a hiring manager. Remaining 75 resumes will be screen out by either recruiter or ATS.
One more interesting thing is, an average recruiter spend just 6 Seconds for reviewing a resume.
The following info-graphic by Template.net will give you even better idea than my words.
So, if you are serious to get a job then you have to work on you resume that can make some difference compare to your competitors resume.
For that it is better to know more about resume and it's role.
you have to pay attention to every single line and each keyword in your resume along with layout style .
Layout style which will help to get attention of recruiter within no time, even before going through the details it shows your intentions towards that position.
But, How to do that?
Here is the answer. Resume Building Sites/Tools will do almost all the Work for You.
Resume building sites will help you to create easily, a customized resume for each job you apply.Thus, it will grab attention of the recruiter in that short span of time.
These resume making websites help you to assemble your details in well-organized with no-trouble.
So here I am giving you the best online resume building websites which will help you to make a nice resume ever.
Make Awesome Resume Easily With Best Online Resume Building Websites.
1. CV MAKER:Cv maker is popular and simple solution to making resumes. The best thing is, you can get most of it just for free.
Even though here you need to enter the details of you manually, you can easily manage the new sections in your resume.
With this tool creating resume will finish with in few minutes without any sign-up.
1. Simple user interface to use.
2. PDF, TXT and HTML download options.
3. Free hosting online and share with potential employers.
4. sign-up not required to use.
5.One-time upgrade option.
1. No real design in preview.
2. Limited free template designs.
2. SLASH CV:SlashCV is a simple way to generate a new resume and share it on online. Here also you no need to sign-up to get started.
But, if you sign-up with your email you will get more features to use. Then you can select some other well-looking templates.
you can also link your Dropbox account to save and share to others. Here you can easily control the sections.
1. clean user interface for simple use.
2. No sign up required to start resume design.
3. more templates with sign-up.
4. Directly saving to your Dropbox account.
5. Easy to save,edit and print PDF.
1. Limited text editor options.
2. Limited options to export file.
3. Visual CV:Visual CV is the one of the best user-friendly and clean resume build tool. It allow you import your details from your existing file (ms word, PDF) or from LinkedIn profile.
You can share the resume link either with email or LinkedIn.You can also import the resume in PDF format.
With the premium account you can get access to all designs and able see advance analytic reports of your CV.
Premium account also removes VisualCV branding on your resume PDF downloads.
1. Importing existing file.
2. clean user design to use.
3. Resume examples based on the industry.
4. Others can build resume for you with premium option.
5. Analytic reports with premium account.
6.Connecting with LinkedIn account.
1. Limited free designs.
2. VisualCV brand on free PDF downloads.
4. RESUMUP:Resumup is a best website if you are a person who like to represent your thoughts in beautiful info-graphics.
If you are free member, then you are pretty much stuck with ATS(Application Tracking System) resumes, which are plain and unlikable to read as they get.
Even you are free account member, you can check what style suites to your resume.
But, if you got a premium account, Then you got collection of options.
By using Resumup you can design the resumes from ATS resumes to info-graphic resumes and many more.
1. Advanced template collection including info-graphic and interactive, etc.
2. premium Options with low-cost.
3. clean user interface.
1. To style the resume you have to upgrade to premium user.
5. Kickresume:Kickresume helps you to Build best resume and Cover letter in minutes.
You are only able to design basic resume templates with limited categories and sections.
With upgrade account you can use all the templates available, email support, online resume website and cover letter options.
1. filtering the templates by profession.
2. easy to use interface.
3. Offering resume analytics for premium accounts.
1. you have fill the content manually.
2. Most of standout options reserved for premium users.
6. VISUALIZE.MEVisualize.me also best tools like Resumup if you like to design a visual resume. You can either manually fill or link your Linkedin Account to generate the information. It provides you a simple interface so you can change info-graphics easily.
1. Easy to fill the form with the LinkedIn account connection.
2. Easy to change fonts, color, background and themes to personalize your resume.
3. Option to share url or embed it in on your website.
1. Need to upgrade to download image file of your resume.
2. Graphics looks as out-dated.
7. RESUNATE:Resunate is the best tool when you look to make a customized resume. One resume can't work when you are looking jobs in different streams.
It basically helps you in creating focused, job-specific resumes quickly.
Main feature of this tool is "job focus score".
Which is checking the balance between your job description with your resume to give score.
1. Providing job focus score.
2. Color coding on each section which tells you matching level between section and job description.
3. Auto focus feature which removes irrelevant information on resume.
4. Reordering bullet points.
1. Limited auto focus attempts to free users.
8. CANVA:Canva is also useful to create visual CV. you can either select from over 30+ template designs or you can design yourself if you are a designer.
if you select pre designed templates on Canva, then only thing you have to do is just replacing existing text with your information.
You can share the link on fb, twitter or via email. To download your resume into PDF, JPG or PNG version without any watermark then you have to pay $1 for that.
1.Easy customization features.
2. Drag down interface.
3. Most features and options offered for free
4. Low cost to pay to remove watermark on print.
1. Manual filling. i.e. No option to upload a CV.
2. You have made public online to reach potential employers.
9. BONUS LIST:Here i am making a list of other sites in short, which will help you same as above building tools in creating a nice resume.
It allows jobs seekers to create resume and employers to visit them.
Plenty of free features and useful text editing tools.
Build perfect resume with pre-written content.
Beautiful interface and Beautiful templates helps you in design of beautiful resume.
Build resume easily with tips and key phrases.
Build info-graphic resume and practice tests along with job search at one place.
Design simple resume with easy step by step process.
simply create and share your resume online.
THE RESPONSIVE CV:
Create mobile friendly resumes within few minutes with QR code. when i came across this tool i was amazed by the idea of making resume as mobile friendly.